The shield of Logroño
The map of La Rioja
A FEW WORDS ABOUT MY HOBBY:
I am a radioamateur since 30 of October of 1990, this day I got my first award - class "B" - operator of radioamateur stations and the callsign EB1EUJ. When getting the "A" class license I gave it up. Before a brief time passed at the CB (my callsign was ECB-1-I-010939) and much before I began as short wave listener (SWL) in the HF bands , mainly broadcast radio stations.
March/12/1991, I got the "C" class award and, with it, the callsign EC1DER. March/20/1992, I got the "A" class award, and with its the callsign I got was EA1FEN, with it I have make out more than 6.000 QSO´s in HF bands.
August/23/2004, I got the callsign EA1FZ, this was answer to my application of a 2 letters suffix callsign. After the coming into effect, in 2006, of the radioamatrur law, I was informed that I ONLY can have a callsign, and this is: EA 1 FZ.
My likings in the radioamateur are centered in the HF band , and the DX. Speak with people of other places, without knowing if they are near or distant, to know their customs, to talk a while with them, it is what I like of this hobby. I also like to experience with antennas and electronic. Although I began my hobby at Miranda de Ebro (Burgos), now I reside in Logroño (La Rioja), where I have my radioamateur base station.
MY QSL CARDS :
ABOUT MY HAM RADIO STATION:
I began with simply equipments and at this moment I have simply ones. I have not power amplifiers, not big antennas, only simply and cheap antennas and, that is true, good luck when the propagation looks well.
* TRANSCEIVERS: The first HF transceiver is a Kenwood TS-850-S-AT, a very good machine that has give me a lot of QSO. in the HF bands. For movil I have a monoband Uniden 2830, I made the EC contacts. to obtain the EA licence, all the contacts. in the 10 M. band, with 20 wats of power and a vertical antenna of 27 Mhz. I have a Yaesu FT-817 QRP all mode/all band transceiver and the last is a Yaesu FT-857 D 100 watts transceiver, all mode in HF-VHF-UHF.
* VHF-UHF equipments: In this bands I use an Alinco DJ-500 walkie-talkie, dual bander for FM or packet, with 5 wats of maximun power, a Kenwood TH-79E walkie talkie and a Kenwood TH-F7E walkie talkie.Now I also use the FT-817 and TF-857D in the VHF-UHF bands.
* VHF-UHF antennas: The best of my antennas is the Diamond X-200, with this antenna I have been for many hours in QSO. Another antena is the Sky Band, a discone, for wide band receiver.
* HF antennas: For HF I use a Diamond W-8010 dipole, 5 bands (80, 40, 20, 15 and 10 M), and a vertical antenna for 10 M.
* Mobile antennas: For móbil/portable I use a Tagra 5/8, from CB, it works very well at 10 M. and with a coil at the base antenna it can works also in another bands (20, 17, 15, 12 M.) I also have an ECO-Veicolari, really it is a whip for each band (6, 10, 12, 15, 17, 20, 30, 40 y 80 M.) it is similar to the other antenna.I have a Diamond modelo HV7CX. My last buy is the Chameleon V-1. At VHF-UHF, I use a Maldol for VHF-UHF, the model is HS-727 VMS and a D-Original, tribander, model CR-627. .
* DX COUNTRIES: With this equipment and a good luck I have confirmed more than 150 countries and I have obtain the EADX100 award number 566. The countries that I have confirmed are, some of they: 3A2, 3X0, 5N9, 7X2, 5R8, 9G1, 9L1, 9N1, A92, A22, C53, C91,D2, EL2, FH8, HC7, 7Z2, JY3, OJ0, S0, S21, and much more, but not so much as I would like.
Another equipments : I have an ICOM IC-PCR1000 PC controled scanner, a very good and useful receiver. I also have a Grundig Satellit 400 International, that I used to listen tne Broadcasting stations. A Kenwood R-2000 Is another receiver I own that it is a very good one.
Computer : A Pentium III Mhz PC, with 1 MB of Ram and 80 Gb plus 250 Gb of HDD and a Pentium IV and a Dual Core 6400 PC, complete my station.
YOU CAN SEE IF YOU ARE IN THE "LOGBOOK" OF EA1FEN AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE
ANOTHER HOBBIES :
Collecting: I like collecting many things: stamps, coins, but I prefer to collect "pins", I like the heraldic ones, with shields of cities, an so on.
Music I am a fan of the Rolling Stones from many years ago and I have many of their LPïs with more than 200 songs.
Others: I like the PC use, but only as a hobby.
Some words: There are some interesting words, but some they are in Spanish, sorry, traduce them is very difficult to me :
me sibilat, at mihi plaudo Ipse domi simul ac nummos contemplar in arca" .
"El crimen es una vulgaridad, la vida es una vulgaridad, y no hay en este mundo lugar sino para las dotes vulgares de la persona" (Sherlock Holmes).
"Si algo puede salir mal, esto saldrá mal" (Un tal Murphy).
"A quien madruga, Dios le ayuda" (Vox populi).
"No por mucho madrugar, amanece mas temprano" (Vox Dei).
"Lee, escribe y estudia, lo demás es un cuento" (Yo mismo).
"Si uno no puede sacar provecho de un amigo ¿para qué diablos lo quiere ?" (Uno).
My address is:
EA1FZ, Juan Carlos
P.O.Box : 1004
Post Code: 26080 - Logroño
(La Rioja) SPAIN
1º E-mail: email@example.com
2º E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS IS THE "EADX100" N. 566 AWARD
I hope that this page should be good for you.
"sic jubeo - sic volo - sic voluntas mea"
HERE YOU CAN FIND IF YOU ARE IN THE "LOGBOOK" OF EA1FEN